Opportunities at Bronx Community Board 6
Tremont Park RFEI
Become a Member
Become an Intern
The community board planning internship is suited for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead public service initiatives in an underserved community. You will learn much more here than in a typical internship and be given greater responsibility. Bronx Community Board 6 has several iconic locations such as Arthur Ave., the Bronx Zoo, The Botanical Garden, Fordham University, and the East Tremont commercial strip. Interns will work directly with the District Manager and assist with constituent cases, city agency interaction, local business outreach, elected official outreach, the planning of community board committee and general board meetings, and help organize district budget requests.
- Survey the district to look for quality of life issues (Sanitation, NYPD, Dept. of Transportation, Parks Dept. etc.)
- Track developments in his or her assigned issue areas (Economic Development, Housing, Youth Engagement, etc.)
- Attend 1-3 community board committee and/or police precinct meetings per month (note these are evening meetings)
- Perform special projects assigned by the District Manager
- Provide information on and generate ideas for an enhanced social media presence
- Answer constituent letters and help constituents on matters;
- Prepare meeting briefings and summaries of committee meetings
- Help plan community events
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform the essential job functions
- Self-starter attitude
- Ability to work together in a team
- Passion for service
- Willingness to learn and take initiative
- Temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant, and professional manner
Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to John Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org.